For the first time in over 25 years, the City of Palmdale is undertaking a comprehensive update to its General Plan. The General Plan is the City’s 25-year guide for growth and development and will address important issues including:
- Creating a vision for growth and development and improving the overall identity and quality of life in Palmdale;
- Ensuring equitable distribution of services, goods and amenities in the City;
- Capitalizing on major infrastructure investments such as High-Speed Rail and the Airport;
- Addressing transportation challenges such as traffic congestion, the bicycle network and transit;
- Planning for natural emergencies including earthquakes and wildfires;
- Increasing opportunities for the location of parks and open space areas;
- Expanding opportunities for the City to pursue grants and other funding sources for parks and infrastructure improvements.
We need your input! This project represents an important opportunity for all community members to make their voice heard and get involved in shaping the City’s future.
Find out more about the project and take our survey by visiting Palmdale2045.org.