Rural Exchange–Tehachapi Event September 25 & 26, 2018
September 25 - September 26
In May of 2018, the CALED Board approved the creation of a Rural Economic Development Exchange that allows CALED to direct some resources to support our efforts to help rural economic developers connect, share resources, and engage in policy conservations/initiatives. Specifically, CALED is committed to:
- Convene rural economic development stakeholders at least one time per year (outside of CALED’s Annual Conference)
- Include a Rural Exchange opportunity at the conference for resource providers to share updates on how they can support rural economic development as well as showcase best practices
- Work with USDA Rural Development in California to identify ways CALED can support their priorities and promote their work/grants.
- Share what we learn with partners that may be in a position to assist in addressing priorities, challenges, solutions, and resources to grow rural economies
- Read the full Charter here.
For more event information, please visit: www.caled.org/everything-ed/rural-exchange