Get Some Help! Experts answer your questions on how to grow your business!
Lancaster, CA. – The Greater Antelope Valley Economic Alliance held their quarterly Investor and Ally Event on Thursday, September 17th with an event highlighting the regional effort to educate, train and prepare a competitive workforce across our region.
As business owners and employers you are busy running your business – you don’t have time to chase down resources about Access to Capital, State Tax Credits, or On-the-Job-Training-Programs. You certainly don’t have time to unravel the maze and myriad of federal, state or local workforce development tools and initiatives that could positively impact your bottom line… So, GAVEA brought them all under one roof for you! The audience got to hear from two local employers who have accessed several of the workforce development programs to help their business grow, then, ask our panel of experts anything from human resources to Quickbooks and everything in between.
The GAVEA Team also created a Regional Employer’s Resource Guide that will identify and explain the multitudes of programs available for everything from On-the-Job Training, to professional development, grants and loans for workforce programs.
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT – North Los Angeles and South East Kern Counties.
LA County Office of Education – Our company works to get unemployed and underemployed people back to work! Clients are offered job coaching, training, resume preparation, interview and presentation skills, as well as referrals to further train to develop their skills.
• We assisted in placing over 585 participants into full time and part time jobs in 2014-2015FY and another 283 full time and part time jobs in the 1st half of 2015-2016 FY;
• Our FaceBook page posts jobs on a daily basis to assist participants in finding current job leads, as well as recruitments and job fairs;
• We have an average of 1 job recruitment per week that moves participants into jobs faster than the normal way of applying and waiting for jobs.
• We have partnered with AVTA and LA County 211 to provide transportation shuttle service for clients for their job search, providing approximate 3,615 shuttle rides for job searches, interviews and related activities.
• We facilitate short-term trainings to prepare unemployed people for jobs. In 2015, truck driving and CNC short term trainings were provided, with many participants obtaining employment after graduation. We are currently developing trainings for Security, Hospitality and GED.
• We are the lead agency involved in an annual Job Fair.
We partner with employers to provide qualified employee referrals, free innovative solutions to job-seeker and employer barriers by providing training, local recruitments, transportation and more. www.lacoegain.org/
Source: David Manguramas Career Development Program Supervisor
MOJAVE America’s Job Center – Mojave is one of the twelve locations in the Kern, Inyo and Mono counties that an America’s Job Center office offers services in collaboration with several agencies. In Mojave the Department of Human Services, Employers’ Training Resource, Community Connection for Childcare, College Community Services and Fosters Assessment assist employers with connecting to qualified job candidates for their open positions.
Employers can utilize the staff and facilities for job recruitments, testing, orientations, pre-screening of job applicants, On-the-Job training opportunities and tax incentives. Staff also assist the under employed or unemployed people to get back to work. We offer training programs for job seekers that need new skills to change careers or upgrade their skills in order to find employment, which includes access to resource rooms with computers, internet, copy and fax machines, and staff assistance.
Job Search classes and workshops are also offered to assist with preparing resumes, interview techniques and referrals to employment opportunities. In 2015, the Mojave AJCC office alone held 7 large employer recruitments for the area that resulted in over 150 hires.
Mojave America’s Job Center
2300 Highway 58 Mojave, CA 93501
WorkSource California Antelope Valley One-Stop Career Center, Lancaster, California
America’s Job Center of California in Lancaster offers an array of services to both employers and job seekers. We are the Antelope Valley Workforce Development Consortium.
No Fee Services include:
• Recruiting and Screening of Applicants
• Skills Assessments
• Support for Job Fairs and Open Houses
• Referrals to Training Providers for Occupational Skills Training Customized Training Programs
• No Fee Internet-Based Automated System to Place Job Openings
• Access to Job Leads • Computers, Telephones, Copiers, & Fax Machines
• Job Seeking Workshops
• Resume Creation
• Veterans Services
• Youth Services
• Job Clubs
For more information contact the America’s Job Center of California in Lancaster at 661/726-4128 or visit us at 1420 West Avenue I, in Lancaster or go to www.av.worksource.ca.gov
South Valley WorkSource Center, Palmdale, California
The South Valley WorkSource Center, provides a host of services to both employers and employees.
Services for businesses include:
• No-cost job postings both locally and via the internet using our searchable on-line job bank
• No-cost job fair registration
• Customized recruiting to help you fill positions quickly
• Skills assessments of potential candidates to ensure they meet your criteria
• On-the-job and pre-employment training
• Conference rooms and privates offices for interviews, trainings, orientations, etc.
• Business Incentive Information
• Business Advisory Council membership
• Antelope Valley Enterprise Zone Vouchering
Services for the job seeker include:
• One-on-one career counseling
• Employment preparation workshops
• Special training programs
• Job and career fairs
• Computers, printers, copy machines, fax, phones, and scanner
• Job leads and referrals
• Supportive services
Please contact the South Valley WorkSource Center at
661/265-7421 for more information or visit us at
38510 Sierra Highway or www.cityofpalmdale.org/svwc