Bishop – The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) Small Business Advocate has scheduled four workshops for those who would like to do business with Caltrans. All sessions are free and will take place at the Caltrans District Office located at 500 S. Main Street, Bishop, CA.
The training sessions offered are:
Doing Business with Caltrans: Getting Started. Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 8:30 am.
This introductory training is designed for contractors, suppliers, and consultants interested in doing business with Caltrans. Some of the topics covered include:
- An overview of certification programs recognized by Caltrans
- Caltrans contracting and procurement opportunities
- How to navigate CaleProcure
- Networking and outreach opportunities
- Register at: https://d9-doingbusinesswithcaltrans.eventbrite.com
DBE Certification Workshop: Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 10:30 am.
This workshop is intended for businesses interested in learning about eligibility requirements for Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) certification. The workshop will include a review of the DBE certification application, processing requirements and expectations, and will also highlight DBE program benefits. On-site certification will not be available.
- Register at: https://d9-dbecertificationworkshop.eventbrite.com
Subcontractor Training: Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 1:30 pm.
All Construction Subcontractors: This training is intended for subcontractors interested in working on Caltrans construction contracts. This session will cover relevant
requirements, information, and details needed to help prepare subcontractors to compete for work on Caltrans contracts. Open to current and prospective subcontractors.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Caltrans Contractor’s Corner
- Caltrans Construction Standards
- Subcontractor Requirements
- Where/How to find contracts
- Tips for marketing / networking
- Register at: https://d9-subcontractortraining.eventbrite.com
Prime Contractor Training: Friday, June 15, 2018 at 8:30 am.
This training is intended for prime contractors interested in bidding Caltrans construction contracts. This session will cover relevant requirements, information, and details to help prepare prime contractors to compete for Caltrans contracts. Open to current and prospective prime contractors.
- Register at: https://d9-primecontractortraining.eventbrite.com
Trainings will be shown by video streaming. For additional information, please contact Caltrans’ Small Business Advocate at: email@example.com.